Thursday, November 13, 2014

Glimmers of Christmas

"The autumn sun, in wonder,
Is gayly peering through
This silver-tissued network
Across the frosty blue."
     ~Evaleen Stein, November Morning

   
   I am beginning to feel the first glimmers of Christmas excitement. I know that it will descend suddenly with the month of November petering out and December suddenly bursting through the door with all of its festivities! I like to enjoy it as early and as long as I possibly can. I love seeing Christmas displays appearing in the shops. This week a favourite shop of mine (which is sadly closing in the New Year) was filled to the brim with Christmas beauty. I snapped a few quick pictures to share with you. If you are not yet in the mood to start thinking about decorating these displays will definitely inspire you! 

















9 comments:

  1. É simplesmente um sonho essa decoração para o natal, as fotos ficaram lindas.
    Beijos
    www.casacherry.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jenn!

    Love that round Venetian mirror! Simply stunning beauty. So many of these boutique-like shops are closing everywhere. Tough economic times we live in. So sad (sigh.) Thank you for snapping pics of this beautiful shop and nudging the Christmas spirit in everyone's direction. I'm still looking forward to having my turkey Nov. 27 - yummm-o!

    Best wishes . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this store has some stunning mirrors :) I agree with you that we do seem to be losing more and more of the independent boutiques. It's so sad! It just means I have to search harder and longer to satisfy my cravings for lovely treasures! Thanks Christine!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful shop Jennelise and the Christmas decorating is out of this world, the santa face baubles are awesome. Just wondering if you made the stockings in the post below, they're just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can't believe such a gorgeous shop is closing! How sad....
    But oh my what gorgeous items ;-)

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can I find Christmas ornaments similar to those on your tree?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where might I find shabby chic ornaments similar to yours?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! What a beautiful store!

    ReplyDelete