Thursday, January 4, 2018

My New Studio

"To be creative means to be in love with life. 
You can be creative only if you love life enough
that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to
bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry
to it, a little more dance to it. "
                                    ~Osho

   I have been teasing my new workspace for a couple months now and finally have some pictures to share with you! I was married in July and moved into my new home with my husband. My new studio is a small light filled room upstairs that I painted ivory. I am still working on replacing the baseboards and painting the door trims but I have decorated my space with all of my favourite things. I purchased a curtain rod with beautiful pale blush pink mercury glass finials from Pottery Barn Kids and long tulle style curtains with a diamond embroidered pattern from Bed Bath and Beyond. My little bookcase and my desk are from Ikea. I found the sweet vintage dresser at an antique sale and replaced the top drawer knobs with pink glass ones from Anthropologie. My French vanity is another vintage find as is the upholstered chair which I had painted white with gold details and recovered in a beautiful ivory fabric. The gorgeous ornate antique frame in cream with brushed gold I found at an antique show in the summer and had a mirror put in for above my desk. I brought my chandelier with me and it completes my room. The stunning Bella Notte Olivia lace throw was a very special gift from my Mum and I believe the very pale pink colour is called "Pearl". This room is never not filled with light and I love working here! I can't wait to see what new ideas I come up with in this pretty space! 






























5 comments:

  1. Jenn: How can you not be in a constant state of inspiration with those surroundings? Your work space has style, grace, beauty and organized functionality. You went over the top designing this room. Good for you! Also, love your white/cream tray with gold etching. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very pleased with how everything turned out :) It is a lovely space to work in. Thankyou as always for your kindness! I am actually going to be listing that tray in my shop in the next few days. I will send you a message.
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  2. What an enchanting and lovely space to think, dream and create! Every little "touch" is perfect and speaks to your design personality. I love your ivory walls. I always find ivory walls so much more elegant and sophisticated than white walls. Congratulations on your beautiful new space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Judy! You are very sweet! I love pale walls too :) I think they leave more room for creativity in the decor. Take care!
      Best,
      Jennelise

      Delete
  3. Your room is warm and inviting. I see your inspirational ideas coming to fruition, as always.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete